The keypad, located near the driver window, is invisible until you touch it. It then lights up so you can see and touch the appropriate buttons.
Note: If you enter your entry code too fast on the keypad, the unlock function may not work. Enter your entry code again more slowly.
You can use the keypad to:
• lock or unlock the doors
• open the trunk
• recall memory features
• enable or disable the autolock and autounlock
• arm and disarm the anti-theft alarm (if equipped)
You can operate the keypad with the factory-set 5-digit entry code.
The code is located on the owner’s wallet card in the glove box and is available from an authorized dealer. You can also create up to three of your own 5-digit personal entry codes.
Programming a Personal Entry Code
To create your own personal entry code: 1. Enter the factory-set code.
2. Press the 1•2 on the keypad within five seconds.
3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. You must enter each number within five seconds of each other.
4. For memory recall feature, enter the sixth digit 1•2 to store driver 1 settings or 3•4 to store driver 2 settings.
Note: Pressing 5•6, 7•8, or 9•0 keypad numbers as a sixth digit will not recall a driver memory setting.
Note: The factory-set code cannot be associated with a memory setting.
5. The doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that programming is complete.
You may also program a personal entry code through the MyFord Touch or MyLincoln Touch system. Refer to the MyFord Touch or MyLincoln Touch chapter.
• Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.
• Do not use five numbers in sequential order.
• The factory-set code will work even if you have set your own personal code.
Erasing a Personal Code
1. Enter the factory-set 5-digit code.
2. Press and release 1•2 on the keypad within five seconds.
3. Press and hold 1•2 for two seconds. This must be done within five seconds of completing Step 2.
All personal codes are now erased and only the factory-set 5-digit code will work.
The keypad will go into an anti-scan mode if you enter the wrong code seven times (35 consecutive button presses). This mode disables the keypad for one minute and the keypad lamp will flash.
The anti-scan feature will turn off after:
• one minute of keypad inactivity
• pressing the unlock button on the remote control
• switching the ignition on
• unlocking the vehicle using intelligent access.
Unlocking and Locking the Doors
To unlock the driver door: Enter the factory-set 5-digit code or your personal code. You must press each number within five seconds of each other. The interior lamps will illuminate. Note: All doors will unlock if the two-stage unlocking feature is disabled. Refer to Locking and Unlocking earlier in this chapter.
To unlock all doors: Enter the factory-set code or your personal code, then press 3•4 within five seconds.
To lock all doors: Press and hold 7•8 and 9•0 at the same time with the driver door closed. You do not need to enter the keypad code first.
Displaying the Factory-Set Code with Integrated Keyhead Transmitters
Note: You will need to have two programmed Integrated Keyhead Transmitters for this procedure.
To display the factory-set code in the information display: 1. Place the first programmed key in the ignition.
2. Turn the ignition off and remove the first programmed key.
3. Place the second programmed key in the ignition.
You will see the factory-set code in the message center. The code appears for a few seconds.
Note: The code may not display until after any other warning messages first display.
Type 1 Cluster shown in standard measure – metric clusters similar. A. Tachometer B. Information display. See Information displays for more information. C. Speedometer D. Fuel gauge Fuel gauge Indicates approximately how much fuel is left in the fuel tank (when the ignition is on). The fue ...
Power Exterior Mirrors WARNING: Do not adjust the mirror while your vehicle is in motion. A. Left mirror B. Adjustment control C. Right mirror To adjust your mirrors: 1. Press the button to select the mirror you want to adjust. An indicator light on the button will illuminate. 2. Use th ...
If you plan on storing your vehicle for an extended period of time (30 days or more), read the following maintenance recommendations to make sure your vehicle stays in good operating condition. All motor vehicles and their components were engineered and tested for reliable, regular driving. Lo ...